Flowers, no matter in what colour, shape or size make a person happy. They are the most bought and sent gift items. They have the extraordinary power of bringing a smile on the grumpiest person's face.
There is a variety of beautiful flowers like hibiscus, lilies, orchids, larkspur, gladioli, tulips, shoe flowers, sunflowers, daisies and chrysanthemums. But, roses are the most preferred and most wanted on the list.
Roses are undoubtedly the most beautiful flowers. Roses come in many different colors that range from crimson to white. The red roses are the most common kind. Then you have the pink, yellow, and white varieties too. White roses are usually set apart for funerals.
Receiving a bouquet of beautiful roses is a very nice feeling. But, then it's extremely disheartening to them wilt in a couple of days. Here are a few tips on how to keep those roses fresh longer:
* Once you receive those flowers the most natural thing to do is to put them into a vase. Wait a moment! Re-cut the stems just a little bit at a forty five degree angle. This allows the flower to take in more water.
* Right after cutting them, dip the stems into hot water.
* Pull of the leaves from the base of the stem.
* Put the flowers in a vase filled three quarters with water.
* Change the water every day until the flowers dry up.
Roses are the most asked for flowers. These flower arrangements are the most found arrangements in most flower shops. There is not much to be done in a rose flower arrangement as the flower itself is so beautiful.
Now days most people send each other flowers for a special occasion. It is a very 'in' thing to do. People have taken to this concept as it is an easy task and very pocket friendly. Flower shops do all the needful for a very reasonable amount of money.
With the rise in the popularity of the Internet, online flowers shops have only added to the popularity of sending flowers. With a just a click of the mouse one is able to put a smile on the face of his or her loved one.